Standards Based Reporting
Parents & Guardians,
Huntsville City Schools uses standards-based reporting in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade. Student proficiency of the Alabama College and Career Ready Standards is measured using the following rubric:
|HCS Elementary Scoring Rubric|
|Proficiency Scale Score||Proficiency Level||Percentage Scale|
|1||Not Meeting Standards||<59|
- Student work is scored with a percentage and entered into iNow.
- Percentage scores are converted to the proficiency scale score.
- Progress reports and report cards display students’ proficiency scale score for each class.
- The iNow – Home/Parent Portal allows 24/7 viewing of student scores and reports. https://inow.hsv-k12.org/Informationnow.
- Parent user names and passwords are available at the student’s school and may be obtained in person with proper identification.
|Nine-Week Period||Progress Reports Go Home||End of Grading Period||Report Cards Go Home|
|1st||September 6, 2016||September 30, 2016||October 17, 2016|
|2nd||November 14, 2016||December 16, 2016||January 9, 2017|
|3rd||February 6, 2017||March 3, 2017||March 20. 2017|
|4th||April 24, 2017||May 25, 2017||May 25, 2017|
To download a copy of the information on this page, click the following link:
To view an informational PowerPoint presentation, click the following link: