Huntsville City Schools Student Enrollment and Registration
Registration for New Students
Step 1: Who needs to enroll?
- Students who will be attending a Huntsville City School for the first time*
- Students new to the district (they have recently moved into the district or previously attended a private school or home-school)
- *Students who wish to attend one of our PreK programs must enroll through the district’s School Readiness Department. Details about our PreK programs, including FAQ, can be found on the School Readiness Department webpage.
Who does not need to enroll?
- Students currently attending a Huntsville City School who will be progressing to the next grade level at another school do not need to enroll at the new school. Information will be transferred automatically by the school your student is currently attending.
- Students currently attending a Huntsville City School who will be remaining do not need to re-enroll.
- InfoSnap 'snapcodes' will be made available each spring for students returning the following school year.
Step 2: Complete New Student Registration
Step 3: Visit the Huntsville City School for which you are enrolling the student.
- You will need to provide the following:
- Age Verification Documentation
- Proof of Residence or
- Parent/Guardian photo ID
- Immunization Record
Please see our
You may use the School Zone Locator tool to identify your student’s zoned school. The SchoolLocator in InfoSnap will select your zoned school based on the primary address you enter.
Step 4: Additional resources that may be helpful in assessing your enrollment needs:
- You can visit the HCS Magnet Programs webpage to find information regarding applying for a magnet program.
- You can visit the HCS Majority to Minority webpage to find information regarding applying for a majority to minority transfer.
- You can visit the Extended Learning webpage to find information regarding after school care.
Registration for Returning Students
Step One: Complete Returning Student Registration - links for 2018-2019.
If you have questions or need assistance with INFOSNAP, contact support staff at 866-752-6850 (8am-5pm) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step Two: If necessary, visit the Huntsville City School for which you are enrolling the student with documentation to support any changes made to the student information (example: change of address/proof of residence).
If you have questions regarding your student’s zoned school, please visit Find My School.